3-Ways To Leverage Web Design & Content To Multiply Online Revenue
When it comes to transforming your website into an asset that generates sales with minimum effort - web design and content are your sales leaders.
Good web designers and digital marketers know that design and content help sales by:
- Establishing Value
- Building Trust
- Establishing Creditability
- Providing Simplicity
All content your business shares (especially the content on your website) should be designed to make the purchase decision and transaction easy. Here are 3 ways to leverage web design and content to help multiply online sales.
Anticipate & Design Your Website & Content Based on Customer Needs
Design with the understanding of the needs of your web visitors when browsing your website. What content, items, or pages are important to visitors? Is it a popular product people are wanting to buy?
- Your most popular product
- An event coming up people want to attend
- Anything that is current, popular, or people would search for
- Make this the first item so it’s easy to buy or sign up
If you make it easy, it simplifies the decision to take action. If they get what they want fast without searching, you help them make their decision, and will be more likely to buy. If they have to search for it (or there are too many options), they might decide to put it off till later (which never comes) or worse - get overwhelmed and go to a competitor.
Answer Frequent Customer Concerns & Questions In Your Website Content
Understand the concerns or questions customers have before purchasing from your website. Answer these to build trust and creditability. You or your sales team already know the common concerns or questions potential customers have.
Ensure your web design and content:
- Identifies and answers common questions potential customers have about your product or service
- Raise and resolve the common product or service concerns (or barriers) for taking action today
- Be open and transparent - this means tackling common product or service issues with tips on how to fix them, or how your product/service solves this concern
Handing common questions and concerns builds trust. If your website answers their questions and concerns without them having to ask, it saves both of you time and removes the barriers others had before taking action to become customers.
Include Customer Testimonials, Reviews, & Stories On Your Website
Social validation is one of the most powerful tools a business website can leverage. It turns you as a stranger they don’t trust, into a valuable provider whose product/services someone similar to them is happy with (and they would be too).
Include things on your website like:
- Positive stories of customer results with your service or product
- Rave reviews on your products or service
- Flip bad reviews into a positive - “Joe has this issue or concern, which we were able to resolve” to show your customer service
Customers purchase from someone they trust and perceive value. If your visitor sees themselves as the testimonial person, the greater chance they will take action and purchase from your website.
By making things easy for visitors to act and decide, such as tackling common concerns or questions, you remove barriers to purchasing now. The key is to establish trust, value, and creditability while making it easy
If they don’t trust the quality of your business's products or services - they won't purchase. If you successfully anticipate their needs, answer their questions or concerns, and make the transactions easy for them, this alone will double or triple your web sales.
Consider speaking to a professional website creator and digital marketer that understands how to leverage web design and content to maximize conversion. How well you anticipate and handle customer needs on your website is the #1 way to maximize converting web traffic into sales.